Careers in the Apartment & Multi-Family Housing Industry
Why choose a career in the apartment industry?
- Tremendous opportunity to advance quickly within the industry
- Ability to move almost anywhere and find an apartment industry position
- Opportunity to learn valuable skills that you can take anywhere
- Competitive employee benefits such as: health care, 401K options, life insurance, rent benefits (with some employers), vacation/sick leave, tuition reimbursement (with some employers)
- Rewarding work in a team environment
- Everyday is different with opportunities to grow your professional skills
Which is your path?
Suggestions: How to get started...
If you are completely new to the apartment industry or have experience in the real estate industry, we suggest the following plan of action:
Even though you may have transferable skills from a previous career, we suggest to familiarize yourself with important industry educational topics. The most important education topics are Fair Housing and knowledge of the TAA Lease Agreement.
Utilize Austin Apartment Association's (AAA) Career Center!
- Post your resume
- Search for jobs
- Apply for positions
Use our supplier search tool to find employment agencies who are members of the Austin Apartment Association. They specialize in placing individuals within the multi-housing industry!
Suggestions / Questions:
Stacy Cross, Director of Education
email@example.com / 512-323-0990